We can help you in:
1) Putting your people’s wellbeing and safety first.
What infection protections should you have in place for your workers, partners and customers as you return to on-site working.
2) Protect business continuity both at present in isolation as you work remotely BUT also as you transition back into your workplace whilst continually monitoring the health, safety and wellbeing of your staff.
3) Designing your communication strategy for and post transition – employee and customer.
4) Assessing the risk of infection spread and how can we help you prevent it? Both within your own organisation and where appropriate across the supply chain.
5) Assessing and managing the likely implications of this period of isolation and the impact it will likely have had on the mental health and wellbeing of your staff.
6) Create a cross functional support group to ensure that your staff remain diligent and accountable for workplace standards of hygiene behaviours to prevent cross department contamination. 7) Help you to identify and prioritise risks both now and in the future as we move into flu season to ensure that your people have the best chance at keeping safe.